Friday, May 16, 2008

Kristin Davis (aka The Lush)

Sex & The City star Kristin Davis recently revealed to Globe Magazine that her twenties were “the worst time of my life” thanks to a vicious battle with alcoholism.
When Kristin was asked about the show's boozing scenes, she confessed she drank soft drinks which appeared to be cocktails. Kristin explains, “I am an alcoholic. I know people who at some point have abused alcohol and now they can have one and they're fine and I respect that. I'd love to have a glass of wine, but what if I have another, then another? My life is too important to risk that. I do think, of course, that too much of anything is a problem. It's great there's therapy available. Doing that in itself is a great thing. The more people are honest about these things, the better it is for everyone - though I don't want to be the poster girl for sobriety."


Kristin says she started drinking to overcome her shyness as a teen growing up in South Carolina.
Alcohol freed me,” said Kristin. “I was really shy and I didn’t know how to come out of my shell. People in the south drink a lot. From fifteen onward people hand you bourbon.”
“I drank for the same reason I loved acting. I wanted to feel things and express myself and be free - and I’m not naturally that way. I wasn’t outgoing. I wasn’t commanding attention.”
Kristin says she has been clean and sober for eighteen years following years of intense therapy
.



Back in the days, Kristin preferred her "COCK"tail straight-up! "One more for the road!"

No comments: