Friday, August 8, 2008

Horror Movie Review | Shutter (2008)

Synopsis:
Remake of the 2004 Thai horror flick. Now set in Tokyo, newlywed hubby Joshua Jackson has taken bride Rachael Taylor (Transformers) for an ill-advised honeymoon. They hit a woman standing in the middle of a spooky road, after which all sorts of ghosts seem to emerge from Jackson's camera (he's come to Japan for a fashion-photography gig). Can our plucky heroine, a fish out of water in a confusing city, find the answer to this haunted puzzle? Well, yes, but she won't like what she finds. The movie also gets into the phenomenon of "spirit photography," which suggests that the dearly departed make their presence known as white flashes in snapshots (real fucking scary-NOT).
My Review:
I found the 2008 remake of Shutter to be rather dull and not scary at all. I really think the whole appeal to the Asian ghost story is dead (sucked dry is more like it). I admit I really enjoyed The Ring (but not the sequel) and that is about it. I disliked The Grudge, One Missed Call, Pulse and The Eye and the rest I have been fortunate enough to forget. The only reason I rented this flick was because of Joshua Jackson, and not even he could save me from boredom. I really can't say this movie had any potential and I would not recommend it. Another negative about the movie was that it had that freaky Michael Jackson looking guy from Nip/Tuck in it.
Movie Rating: 2/5

1 comment:

Seattle76 said...

Your crazy - John Hensley from Nip Tuck it FINE! He can come moonwalk to my house anytime. The movie was quite boring though.

Love you blog!!!

Nora