Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Totally Awesome, Totally Gay - Xanadu Commercial

Over on Broadway.com, you can experience the Xanadu commercial promoting the hit broadway play in NYC. I lOVED this movie growing up and bought the DVD and soundtrack when they were first released. On a good drinking binge I can play this guilty pleasure and it ALWAYS makes me happy. Oh, it's fucking fabulous!! Roller skating, off-the-shoulder 80's dresses, long hair, leg warmers.... This is XANADU. The storyline is negligible. You just wait till they get to the next song! However, when I heard that they were making a Broadway play based on the movie, I was a little skeptical. Of course I have not seen the play yet (next NYC trip for sure), but I did recently get the original Broadway cast recording and even though it is not as good as the original by the ELO-it definitely captured the fun and magic of Xanadu and sounds pretty funny too. Also does not hurt that hottie Cheyenne Jackson is in the play and has a great voice. Can't wait to see, but in the meantime I can always watch the movie!

"Now that you're here, now that you're near ... XANADU!"


http://www.broadway.com/gen/General.aspx?ci=559405



No comments: