Friday, April 25, 2008

Rebecca Romijn Gets Ugly No More!

According to NYPost.com, Rebecca Romijn is leaving Ugly Betty!!
Romijn, who has portrayed super hott tranny-mess Alex/Alexis Meade since late Season One, has decided not to return for a third season on the Golden Globe Award-winning series due to frustration with the show’s writers. Romijn says she will return to the ABC series for small guest appearances.
Romijn stated, “They made a tremendous amount of changes, especially with the writing staff (during the writer’s strike)…With all the changes, I’m not sure they can take care of my character they way they have been. So I’ll be leaving, back in a recurring capacity, but time for me to leave and find something else.”

Seriously, Ugly Betty this season has sucked and it sounds like it's not going to get much better. I pretty much just Tivo through the dregs until those bright moments of Williamina (Vanessa Williams at her best) and Marc. I can't see this show lasting much longer. Which is a shame because it has such an incredible cast!

No comments: